VETRAX August 7/26/17

USDVA Home Loans can be used to:
-Buy a home. – Build a home. – Simultaneously purchase and improve a home.
– Improve a home by installing energy-related features or making energy efficient improvements; and – Buy a manufactured home and/or lot.
Veterans do not have to be a first-time homebuyer to use a USDVA Home Loan Guaranty. The benefit may be used more than once so long as the prior USDVA loan has been sold and the loan paid in full, or a qualified Veteran-transferee (buyer) agrees to assume the USDVA loan and substitute his or her entitlement for the same amount of the entitlement originally used by the Veteran seller.
To be eligible, a service member or Veteran must have suitable credit, sufficient income, and a valid Certificate of Eligibility and a copy of their DD-214 (Discharge document). The home must be for the Veteran’s personal occupancy.
After establishing eligibility, the Veteran will need a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). The COE verifies to the lender that the Veteran qualifies for a USDVA-backed loan.
Veterans may apply for a COE through the lender, online at the eBenefits portal,, or by completing USDVA Form 26-1880 (Request for Certificate of Eligibility which you can print online or get from your local Veterans Service Office) and mailing it to:
USDVA Loan Eligibility Center, Attn: COE (262), P. O. Box 100034, Decatur, GA 30031. Plumas County Veterans Service Office (530)283-6271 can assist in providing you the COE application. For more information about eligibility, call CalVet at or (916)503-8359 or (866) 653-2510 toll free. More information is available at
The Plumas County Veterans Service Office can complete the DMV Veteran Status Verification Form for the new California Veteran Designation on your driver’s license. To find out if you are eligible for any of these benefits, visit or call our office at 283-6271/6275 Mon-Fri from 0800-1600. We can and will assist you in completing all required application forms. You can get information on the Web from the Plumas County Veterans Service Office webpage by accessing the Plumas County Website under Veterans Services.

The VA Van departs at 0700 Tues and Thursdays from the County Annex upper parking lot. Ensure you call Kyle Short County Veteran Service Representative at 283-6271 three days prior to your appointment at the VAMC Reno to schedule a reservation on the VA Van. The Van can transport up to five veterans first come first served.