SIERRA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
PUBLIC WORKS, ROADS & SOLID WASTE
STANDING COMMITTEE MEETING
February 26, 2013
The Sierra County Board of Supervisors Public Works, Roads & Solid Waste Standing Committee will meet in session on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 1:00 p.m., in the Board Chambers, Courthouse, Downieville, CA. All interested persons are invited to attend.
The following items will be discussed and recommendations to the Board of Supervisors made accordingly:
1) Status of Board direction to amend County ordinance regarding access to County solid waste services for property ownership that straddles the County line or for permit holders living in the County for which no land ownership exists. Direction on extent to which the Board wished to make services available including out of County residents, residents of Sierra Valley or Camptonville area that would like to request permission to use services for a fee.
2) Status report on enforcement actions pending against the County’s operation of the Loyalton Landfill and progress report and outline of expected actions necessary to bring operations into compliance with State regulations. This includes status of land acquisition, reporting to the State, methane and non-methane landfill gas release issues, and groundwater monitoring at the landfill.
3) Review of consultant and county projected costs and budget impacts associated with compliance for remainder of 2011-2012 and for 2012-2013.
4) Review of issues pertaining to demolition loads and large volume bins being diverted to Plumas County.
5) Discussion of long range actions for the landfill including closure and monitoring; exportation-diversion to our-of-county municipal recovery facility; status of Plumas County municipal recovery facility.
6) Discussion of Sierra County Code Section 8.04.040 (b) Collection Services.
7) Enforcement issues related to Sierra County Code Section 8.04.040 (b) Collection Services.
8) Discussion of Sierra County Code Section 8.05.020 Exemptions.
9) Discussion of amendment to Sierra County Code Section 8.05.040 Gate Fees Established.
10) Approval of Holiday Schedule for public access to County Solid Waste Facilities.
Posted: February 7, 2013